Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine Surprise - Soul Mates

I've had a bad weekend. Some of my readers know why, but I won't go into it here. So feeling down in the dumps and restless I wake at 4:30 am. I open all of my social networks and there to my surprise is an engagement announce from one of my friends. My heart was about to burst with joy.

Now this is no ordinary engagement, you see the Bride to be is a citizen of and living in China, and the Groom to be lives in New York.

Joel and I traveled together to China on business often. On one of our trips, one of the engineers couldn't keep her eyes off of him and I noticed that he was attracted to her too. When we came back to the US he spoke about her and I encouraged him, saying she didn't stop smiling at him the whole time and I was sure she liked him too. The next trip to China, he got together with her and it was magic.

There were a lot of bumps in the road for them. They were half a world apart, but they kept their relationship going via internet for a very long time. Then they decided to end it, because it was so hard. Joel's boss refused to send him back to China in hopes of interfering with the relationship, because that's just the kind of guy he is.

But Soul Mates can't be separated, by Oceans, or Continents, or cruel employers.

Congratulations Joel and Bo and Happy Valentines Day to all of you Soul Mates out there!

2 comments:

Pili said...

An absolutely lovely story that not only made me smile, but reinforces my faith in my own long distance relationship!

Ginny Huber said...

what a perfect Valentine story, Cinders!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...