Sunday, May 8, 2011

Baguettes with Tapenade

There is nothing better for a Summer picnic than a sliced fresh melon, a bottle of wine or fruity Belgian Beer, A crusty Baguette and some goat cheese and Salty Tapenade to spread on it. What a treat! Pack these things up and imagine yourself in Provence.

I make my own Baguettes, I even bought this really nifty pan that cooks a trio of very professional looking ones. I'll post my recipe another day, Even give you pics of how I do it.

Today, we're going to make MY Tapenade recipe. Real Tapenade is made with cured olives, similar to Kalamata. It is pureed with olive oil, garlic, capers and anchovy. My recipe uses canned black olives with a few ingredients that will make the canned olives taste like home cured olives from France. 

Ingredients:
1 can ripe olives, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
or EVOO and light oil mix
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons capers (don't leave out)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon garlic powder (not salt)
a pinch thyme

Procedure:
Place all ingredients in blender or deep cup to use with stick blender. Pulse until finely chopped.
Serve on Wheat Crackers or Baguettes

2 comments:

Pili said...

If only I liked olives... as the bf always says, it's so un-Mediterranean of me!

vintage eye said...

Sounds delicious! :) Happy Mother's Day, Crusty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...