Monday, April 30, 2012

Life on Mars - Supporting my Friends

Life as usual is crazy here. Luna is growing. She's a wee kid now (well actually she's a giant baby). Poppy is fighting with her kids school, because like us, her kids are not "normal". Who'd have thought. They're also giving her a hard time about Dink's absence because of his eye injury. 

Nearly a month after the injury they ask for a medical excuse, now that he's not seeing the Dr. They could have asked the first day. His teacher yelled at him for not getting his mountains of homework finished when he was out. Uh, he couldn't see for the first week. They didn't give him the time he should be allowed to complete it. And they act like Poppy is lying about is injury. Like we want him home for 3 weeks straight. lol! Maybe they thought we beat him. 

The young man next door, who was in a coma a week ago came home and is just the same as he was before. Amazing. My son is getting tests at Mayo Clinic today and tomorrow and they will decide soon, I hope, how they will treat him. Our Cat's eye virus spread to the other eye and another cat. I'm spending my days medicating cats. And they hate me. Life is good. 

I've also wrapped up my Four Months Blog I have one more post. But because my intention was to share what I did to increase business, and I didn't complete all my goals. I will post once a week until my goals are finished. So I'm not quite done yet.

Here is the supporting friends bit. Even though I am no longer selling on Etsy, I have a lot of friends who do. For the past few years, I've disliked the direction that Etsy was headed. They are getting more corporate (greed) minded and thinking less about the little guy. The little indie shop, that makes a small mistake is just shut down without a second thought. The big shops that violate rules are promoted to featured sellers. Read this  Little Bird Told Me blog post for more on that. 

There is a protest going on over at http://www.protesty.com against resellers. After I posted my blog I reread their site and I realized that it kind of excludes vintage sellers, who have every right to sell on Etsy. As a matter of fact, supply sellers do too, as long as they mark their supplies as such. But I would encourage the  entire community to support each other. I would encourage every single one of you who have ever voiced a complaint about the things that Etsy pulls on their community. Put your money where your mouth is and put your shop on vacation May 10th. Even if you don't sign up for the protest.


4 comments:

vintage eye said...

Brava Crusty! Thanks for thinking of us! :)

Pili said...

I feel awful about how stupid the kiddos' school is! You sure have paperwork from the different visits to the docs... that's shut them up...

Beth Howard said...

I'm with you. I may not be on Etsy anymore (sadly through no choice of my own... thanks Etsy admin), but so many of my friends are. The people who are selling by the rules and making their living using Etsy deserve the chance to shine over those who are violating the rules and being rewarded for it. The sellers deserve better.

...and you deserve a vacation, darn it! :D

Poppys Wicked Garden said...

this is an experiment :P http://www.etsy.com/shop/sunflowerradiantlove?ref=seller_info

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...