Some of you may know that I've been writing a blog called Four Months - A Diary of Progress for ... well ... almost 4 months now. I started to write it to keep me honest about making a plan to improve my income by either selling my jewelry wholesale or going back to product design. See, my daughter Poppy, is sick and tired of sharing her tiny house with me and wants me out of her living room, so I feel inclined to oblige.
My plan is to prepare my jewelry business for wholesale by:
- Increasing my product line
- Rethinking my current product and approach
- Calculating profit by spreadsheet to get a better handle on worth
- Making a Website geared toward wholesale clients including wedding
- Revising packaging for retail stores
- Creating a brochure for wholesale
- Making a Press Kit
- Reading Posts on improving my business
- Utilizing social networking
- Designing a Portfolio website for potential clients
- Improving my Design skills
- Adding new Open Designs to my portfolio
- Making updates and adding contacts on linkedin
- Contacting potential Clients
I've been working very hard on both plans and the idea was to decide between the two businesses. It turns out that my work has increased my business already, And I hadn't planned to put it all into action until May. I just added product to my jewelry, that has attracted attention, and I updated my linkedin account and that got clients calling.
I made daily posts on the blog, so there are a lot of posts, but there is a lot of ideas and links to where I got my ideas. If you are really interested in improving your business, you might get some great tips there.