Sunday, April 8, 2012

What's Cooking? - Deviled Eggs

Happy Easter Peeps! Today my recipe is my very famous deviled eggs. And to celebrate, I decided to post linky pictures of some cute handmade eggs from other sellers (I have to do this more often. Please click on the pics to follow through to the merchandise.

This recipe is going to be a little different. I'm not giving you the exact proportions. Well kind of, you need to mix it to taste like we do. You have to do a little of the work.

Bacon and Egg Deviled Eggs

Halved Hard Boiled Eggs (use only half the yolks)
Real Mayonnaise
crushed Corn Flakes (about 1 cup per dozen)
Liquid Smoke

I made this recipe to cut calories in the eggs, not sure it really does though. And now they say yolks are healthy fat. Oh well.

Mix yolks with enough mayo to make it pretty creamy. Add crushed corn flakes and liquid smoke to taste. This makes a yummy bacon and egg flavored filling. The corn flakes stay crispy and give extra flavor and a bit of bacony crunch.

Stop by ajsweetsoap and cattoy4 to get the yummy eggs pictured.

1 comment:

Pili said...

Yum! This recipe I'll try once I find the liquid smoke thingy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...