Saturday, February 15, 2014

Just Another Manic Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...

Well, I guess the weekends have been fairly good. Not today really.

There's something about Mercury retrograde that brings all kinds of problems with it. February has been absolutely the worst month I've had in a few years. First an abscessed tooth and following extraction. Then who knows, maybe all the changes to my body from chemicals, made me not as cautious. But I had a bad fall on the driveway.

I assumed it was ice, but I really wasn't paying attention. I had mail in my hands and I was looking around, and all of a sudden my foot flipped up, there was a loud "pop" and I was on the ground. It didn't feel good so I crawled on my hands and knees to the house and called 911. Fortunately my 16 year old grandson was visiting, so he helped me in and get ready.

My first ambulance at the new house. Apparently they had been there a lot for the previous tenant. Actually, in the past 5 years, I have only had the sniffles for a few days at the most. No other heath problems.

It was a very long day in the ER, but to make a long story short, my fibula (ankle) was fractured. On
top of that, I was so hypertensive (high blood pressure) that they were freaking out and made me have all kinds of tests would not let me leave till My BP was down.

I guess my ankle could have been a lot worse, I've heard horror stories. Looks like if it doesn't get displaced, I'll have a cast. I'll know for certain next week. I was happy, but now I hear it's actually a shorter recovery with surgery. Who knows.

I was in a great mood considering, but apparently vicodin can make you feel depressed. I don't like that. I'm going to tough it out if I can and just take some at night to sleep pain free. Apparently pain makes the healing go faster anyhow. I'm all for fast healing.

As you may know I have no car either, although I wouldn't be able to drive it right now anyhow. My daughter's family and my cousins have been helping and I have another friend who will be there too. I really didn't feel too bad about this till I did some reading.  Maybe next reading I do, I'll wait till I'm off the vicodin.


1 comment:

Maiden Jane said...

I'm so sorry that you had this fall. Now focus on recovery which will require some rest. Maybe some great new ideas will pop in your head while you are on the vicadin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...