Monday, September 12, 2011

Life on Mars - A Good Week

It really was a good week, or actually week and a half. Poppy's PC is working and so is mine. The kitties are getting healthy. We really thought one was going to loose his eye, but it is almost totally healed. Poor babe, now he's finally seeing the world through both eyes.

It's been busy. Business has picked up, and I have a lot of stuff to make. My friend Jane from MaidenJane.etsy.com did a blog interview with me. That was really nice. I did have to take the time to write it and I'm such a procrastinator! It includes a giveaway, and I made a few extras for her and her family, and some friends. I'm giving away my Halloween Black Cat Charm necklace.

I don't remember those being so hard to make.Don't let anyone tell you, stamping polymer clay is easy. You have to soften the clay, get just the right amount. Flatten a bit, center the stamp, push evenly to just the right size, screw up and start over.

 These are a few of the Cats and Pumpkins I made. These were made into pins.

I don't even want to tell you how many times I had to redo. Then bake for the tight amount of time, cool and paint. Now I have the system, but I forgot what I put on first. I guess I did the mouth first and THEN the teeth, because when I did it the other way, I had to paint the teeth BACK on.

And people wonder why these things cost so much.Of course I can't factor in the screw ups into my cost, but all the time stamping and hand painting at least.

Poppy and I also got invited over to a friends house for lunch. It was so nice to spend time with her and her not so new adorable baby girl. Hope we get together again soon and with her mom too.

We found out recently that another of Poppy's good friends is expecting. We're so excited about that too. Their babies will even be in the same grade, only being about 6 months apart. Fantastic!

We're still looking forward to a flood of costumes anytime now. Thanks retailers for procrastinating in merchandising your holiday product. You must be worried that people will all be shopping online. Guess they will have to, because you have nothing out yet. What ever happened to playing up to impulse buyers?

I know this is a really boring post. So much more fun when our crazy neighbors are attacking us. We have had a few little silly incidents with the family next door, but I prefer to just soak up the sunshine and save the umbrella for a rainy day.

2 comments:

Pili said...

It's good to read about good things happening too! I'm so glad to hear the kitty is doing so much better!

Maiden Jane said...

I'm glad you are having a good week. It was a lot of fun to get to know you a little better. And I must say that I appreciate your artwork! I love the pins and necklaces - esp. my owl pendant. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...