Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This is mostly for those in the US, but why not take this time to be thankful for what you have. In our family we celebrate many international Holidays. I even had the opportunity to spend a Thanksgiving in China. You can read about it here if you're curious.

I'm posting this before Thanksgiving so you have a little love before your family who you DO love dearly drives you crazy with the noise and the arguing and the I wish I was somewhere else and the over stuffing and the mess to clean.

I wanted, first of all, to let you all know how much I appreciate every single one of you. Yes you. You who reads my blog, you who supports me, you who tweets with me and listens to my troubles and my joys. You are my friend, and I would be nothing but a sad mess without you.

I am also grateful for the friends and strangers who have helped my family through our struggles in the past few years. How kind and wonderful to share in even these tough times. Your kindness has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated.

So this year, close your ears to the arguing, you're loved ones are with you; be thankful for the mess, because it meant you had a huge table of food; and if you're like me, mentally block out the football games.


Wishing all my friends a Very Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Pili said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Cinders!

I've only spent Thanksgiving in the US once, and we had dinner in an Italian restaurant owned by a Spaniard and the other customers were Swedish, Japanese and Italian themselves!

Maiden Jane said...

This is so well said. Thanks Cindy for sharing your wisdom and kindness. May you have a beautiful day with your family - whatever excitement that may bring....for me, a little wine goes a long way. I have two meals - one is "lunch" and the other dinner w/my family - which should be around 30 people! The grandkids eat first and then the adults (the "kids" serve us). It's crazy and chaotic but loads of fun, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...