Monday, December 26, 2011

Life on Mars - A Wonderful Holiday

So I know I always talk about the neighbors and certain family as though they are the only dysfunctional ones.  You DO know that we are dysfunctional too (but not as bad).

The Holiday was nice,but not perfect. We had too much going on to get the house really clean or finished like we wanted. There were still buckets of clothing and fabric around. Our house is so tiny that adding a tree, along with baby things is just too much. I so want to add on a fabric shed. I guess if I got my own place, Poppy could put her some of her fabric in my closet.

But Christmas was nice. The tree now has a ceiling over it, and there is a bathroom so nice I don't have to close my eyes when I go in, even if it's not finished. We were able to go to my cousins, because we have a car, even if it's a moody old car (kinda like me). And we have the sweet baby Luna, even if she got her first virus and couldn't make it to cousins. I took the boys while Poppy stayed with baby.

The cats made Christmas a little more difficult, having left a little gift of their own under the tree. But fortunately the puddle wasn't on the tree skirt and only touching the bottom of MY gift bag. Of course Poppy stepped in it and didn't notice until she walked all over the house, so a little extra cleaning was necessary. That darn Simon kitty is going to be living outside soon.

One thing that would have made the feast perfect is a dishwasher, cause right now I am the dishwasher and I can't begin to tell you how many dishes I washed. I can say that it would have been at least 3 loads in the washer if we had one.

After a nice Christmas feast of Ham, Turkey, Stuffing, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Tropical Sweet Potatoes, Waldorf Salad, Macaroni and Cheese, Green Beans and Ghetto NA Wine (7 up and Grape Juice), we took a last look at out gifts.

Luna loves the dancing Christmas Snoopy so much that she was dancing with him, even though she had a rough day with her sick tummy. Dinky played with his  PSP (second hand from eBay, score) and Emerson went off to his room to play his new games.

I settled down in front of the TV and enjoyed the Dr Who Christmas special. OK, so Matt Smith is no David Tennant, but I have fallen in love with him too. So charming and sweet. Spoilers if you haven't seen.  I must admit that I teared up when he went back to Amy and Rory's for Christmas dinner.

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday and Wishing you the Very Best 2012

3 comments:

Pili said...

Happy Christmas!
I haven't watched the Christmas special, I'm so damned behind on this season, waiting for the bf to have time to synch watching it... will probably watch it all in Feb.

And David Tennant is also MY Doctor! ;)

Maiden Jane said...

It sounds wonderful - the boys look thrilled and baby Luna is beautiful!

PS. My family puts the "fun" in dysfunctional!

vintage eye said...

Aw...reminds me of family Christmas when I was a kid...except no cops! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...