Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What Evah! - Versatility vs Focus

I'm versatile. I can do just about anything. Which for an online seller, is a good thing, right? Maybe yes, maybe no.

I can write ad copy, do decent photography, make my own graphics and do photo editing, I slightly understand SEO and even a little html. I'm decent at social networking and I can even do my own sales accounting and taxes (with the help of tax software, because I don't have the time to do it all). And I can actually make decent product to sell too.

So is versatility a good thing? I can do so many things, that I do. I do them for myself and my daughter and maybe a bit for an occasional friend or two. There are only so many hours in the day.

I know many of you out there wish you could do it all. But there is such a thing as focus. If you can't do all these things yourself, it's easy to find a friend who can. Then you have more time to work on your product.

Some days I feel like my head is going to explode and I need to design more but I just don't have the time. Some days I feel like my graphics and logo are weak, but there isn't room in my head to create, because there is too much clutter in there for me to think straight. Maybe I need a little Ritalin or Prozac to clear my head, or a sledge hammer.

I guess what I'm suggesting is for you not to try to do it all. Find a friend, find an enemy, have a giveaway on your blog. Do whatever you can to get some help so you don't have to do it all yourself. After all, we aren't superhuman are we?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...