Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bow Ties and Cool Guys

I so love Dink in this picture. With his untamed longish hair, he reminds me of a young Beethoven or Mozart.  The Music Note bow tie makes it perfect.

I added bow ties to my shop this year. I noticed that they are becoming popular, so I started making my own version of genre and themed ties and have done very well with them so far. Good to watch current trends.

I was wondering exactly who is wearing all these ties. I sold one to someone working on a movie set and a Captain America tie to someone from Newtown.




I was remembering when I lived in Utica, NY. No one EVER wore suits there. It was a thing. If you ever HAD to wear a suit, you had to dress it down with jeans. This was for funerals and weddings.

I remember seeing a man on a cel phone in our parking lot in a three piece suit. Several of us went to the window and stared. "He's definitely not from around here". I wonder if things are the same in Utica, or if anyone there would wear one of my Bow Ties. I've never sold any there, so I doubt it.

I think that some guys won't think it's cool to wear a bow tie, no matter what is trending.

But the cool thing about them is that they can be worn with just about anything. They look better on a shirt. But My bow ties can even be worn by girls with a t-shirt.  Now that's adorable isn't it?

You can find my bow ties at my poppysgardengate shop on Artfire. poppysgardengate.artfire.com

Here's a link that will take you straight to all of the Bow Ties I have.





1 comment:

Pili said...

Bow ties are cool! ;)

So glad you are catching up on a trend with geeky cool bowties!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...