Tuesday, July 8, 2014

5 Months Post Ankle Break - No Really

I haven't updated in a long time. I guess because progress is at such a snails pace now it's measured in months, not weeks. Also, I've been fairly busy with my business. A wonderful thing. I may post about that soon, giving you some idea of how to boost your business too. That's why I started this blog, but got way off subject. Although there are really such wonderful blogs and sites for small business owners and artists that mine wouldn't compare, but it might be funnier ;)

I had a GREAT day yesterday and I wanted to write about it. For the first time since I broke my ankle, I was able to keep my elastic circulation stocking on ALL DAY. Seriously, my leg and ankle have been swelling so much every day, that by late noon the tight compression stocking makes me feel like my leg will explode. But last night I was able to keep it on and even walk all night without a limp.

Walking without a limp is a HUGE goal, because the limp is screwing with my hips. Sometimes I use a cane to take a little weight off of my foot and damn if that doesn't screw with my shoulders. I am really not happy with getting older and if there is one thing I've learned from this is that I will fight old age with every inch of my being.

I've added even more healthy foods. I'm fermenting and instead of chocolate I make great freezer fudge with coconut oil, cocoa, peanut butter and almond butter. Organic natural of course. I make turmeric shakes every morning for circulation, swelling and pain and the arnica rub has been wonderful for healing. And here's the biggest thing. I will be walking and hopefully increasing to, yes really, running.

I've never been big on running. Reason being, I have a deviated septum and pinched nostrils that let very little air in where it should go in and I start mouth breathing where the air shouldn't go in. I have had this all my life, but maybe with breathing strips I can learn to adapt. We'll see. And after all, how fast can I run at my age. Just giving it a try will help. I also think it may be time to add glucosamine to my diet. Apparently my super healthy cartilage is finally beginning to shrivel.

I also had a moderately serious, and super annoying eye issue related to seniority. Warning, apparently you need to wear good sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV. I haven't worn sunglasses for years, but I will now.

If you made it this far, you need to get a life, but thanks for taking the time to care. I hope you learned something from this and I will be posting my healthy recipes here really soon.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...