Sunday, November 6, 2011

What's Cooking - Corn Souffle

Sunrise on the lake this morning was beautiful. Variegated bands of Rose and Aqua, through the bare trees, reflected on the lake. The bare trees reminded me that somehow I missed the fall colors this year. I think it didn't last long, and I was a very busy girl woman.

I've missed a bit here, so I want to make it up to you. Some of my family Thanksgiving recipes. Here's one that we wouldn't love without, or would the kids. We call it Corn Souffle, but it's also called Corn Scallop and our version is not so fluffy, so Scallop might be a better name. Maybe Corn Casserole is best. Call it whatever you want. It's out of this world.

CORN SOUFFLE                                                  

1 can whole kernel corn undrained
1 can cream style corn
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
1 small package of corn muffin mix (like Jiffy)
dash of salt 

Mix all ingredients by hand until dry mix is moistened and ingredients are distributed well.

Pour into a greased casserole or souffle dish. Bake at 350 deg F for 35 to 40 minutes. It should be moist and firm, but not wet in the middle. Top should be lightly brown. It will puff up in the oven, but flatten back when cooled.

Serve warm. I like to add a pat of butter on top to make mine even more decadent.


2 comments:

Pili said...

Oh my, it does sound nice, and even more now that I'm hungry waiting for lunch to get ready!

Pesky Cat Designs said...

I want to taste that right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...