Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What Evah! - Websites and Whatnots

I still have lots to do. Bathroom and all. That's almost done. Hopefully this week I'll get the trim up and I'll post some new pictures. But with all the orders finished and packed, I'm getting bored.

I had this brilliant idea. I need to sell my Jewelry in Brick and Mortar shops. So how do I do that. I can't walk all over the country. I also want to focus on shops that will appreciate my eco-friendly flowers. So I'm starting by designing a Web Site. I started with the cool one from Weebly. If you don't have a site yet, they have free ones and the pay ones are pretty reasonable too. The thing I really like about it is that it is so EASY to set up it's sic.

I got the free one for now, I'm still working on it but I like where I'm going. Something good to work on to keep me busy on the slow days between Christmas and New years, before Valentine sales. If you're interested use this link http://www.weebly.com/link/UDhLfS to start yours. You will get a free month of their pro service when you use the link (I'll get one too, thank you)

When I'm done with my website. I'll be sending samples of my flower jewelry to various stores, first in my home town, then around the country. I think, garden societies, floral designers, and health food/naturalist shops will be great places to start. I'm only offering items that I can produce at a reasonable price so that they can be marked up for the retailer. I think I'll have to make some new designs too. Maybe with other recycled materials like glass.

So what is a whatnot? Merriam Webster "any of various other things that might also be mentioned" Word of the Day! Now back to the Bathroom trim and whatnot.

5 comments:

Pili said...

Thanks for the link and the info! I'm sure your jewellry will do great, I love your flowers!

akaCINDERS said...

I just wanted to add that I WILL be doing my taxes too, or at least all months but December. I just really don't like to talk about it.

Maiden Jane said...

I think that's fantastic - both the web site and the shops.

m. said...

if you make a line sheet & turn it into a .pdf, along with your terms (like minimum amount of their first & subsequent orders), then you can email queries out and send them the .pdfs if they're interested after seeing your new site. also make sure to have an area welcoming shops to contact you for wholesale.

akaCINDERS said...

Thanks m. That's a good idea. I do have a wholesale page, but I didn't think of emailing PDF line sheet with queries. Great tip

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...