Friday, August 24, 2012

Creativity On The Run

A few days ago, I was waiting for my cousin to pick me up to go to the Art Museum. It was fairly early in the morning, and we don't have the greatest roads, so I was meeting her a few blocks from home.

While I was waiting I realized I didn't grab any jewelry for my arms or fingers and I kind of felt bare. I started to look around and saw some nice stones, if only I had something to mount them on, and a decent sized length of white electrical wire.

The night before I was looking at a Wire knot ring tutorial, kind of like this one on Handmadeology. I couldn't find the one I was looking at. It was a bit bigger, more like a rose. So I thought, I could do that with the electrical wire. Before I started, I checked my bag for a Swiss Army knife with scissors to snip the end. Yep I had them.  And here's the Ring.


Not too fancy, but I had to twist the wires by hand. Not that shabby considering it was made from garbage I found at the side of the road. Too bad I didn't have time to snip a beer can into a bracelet too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...