Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Kris



I always forget my son's birthday. Well I don't actually forget it, I just don't remember until New Years Day. That's because his birthday is on January 2nd. With all the Christmas business I have, and preparations for the holidays, I don't even think about it until I finally relax on New Years Day.

I've learned (finally) to add a little something extra in his Christmas gifts. I know it's not the best solution, but he lives in another state and I don't want to send two packages. He'll get over it, after all, he is turning....thirtysomething.

So Kris, I just wanted to take a moment out of my hectic life to wish you a Happy Birthday. And although you have been a PITA with all your health issues and annoying habits and such, I'm very glad that you are still here.

For those of you who don't know, Kris has a heart condition that if not for an amazing surgeon and the Cleveland Clinic, would have ended his life somewhere around the age of 20. And now on to the Mayo Clinic who has taken over and got him on good meds and a defibrillator to stretch him out for who knows how long.

And yes this is a recent picture, almost 40 and still looking like a teenager. His got those genes from his dad.

This is what he looked like as a kid. Where did those babies of mine go. Life was so much simpler then, and yes, I crocheted the top that Poppy is wearing and even sewed her shirt.

Their dad and grandpa made the rocking horse they are on. I used to hand their dad patterns and say, "make this". I knew he could if he put his mind to it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...