Friday, May 3, 2013

Moving Maybe

Got the money? Check. Although every time I get a letter from the Social Security, I think they must have made a mistake and they will ask for everything back. I am not the kind of person who EVER has a smooth ride. There has to be a catch somewhere. I'm sure it will surface eventually.

Back to moving. I can finally afford a place of my own. Place, yes, furnishings, not really. All my furniture was left behind in New York. Just about everything. I saved a table lamp that was put together for me in a factory in China. It was not just the lamp, but the love of the workers that mean so much.

I have a few blankets and a bedspread, but no bed. I'll probably get a $10 inflatable mattress for now. I will get a beat up, stained click clack sofa bed from Poppy and I'll borrow a few lawn chairs. There is a tiny chest of drawers that I keep my jewelry supplies in and there is a folding craft table to put my sewing machines on.






Sewing machines. Oh yeah, I have this Hello Kitty machine but I'll need a serger. I do have 2 plastic saw horses that I can put a board on for a table, I have a few dishes and pots and pans. No microwave or coffee pot. I do have a pot and a French press. I like french press coffee any way.

I have a folding TV table, a laptop that will probably die in the move, a 5" TV (no, really) and my android phone I can watch shows on. I have a heated back massager with no chair to put it on, a foot bath, and lots of buckets full of fabric and jewelry supplies . I'll throw some of the fabric over them, and call them tables.

What I need:

a serger, a bed, a microwave, towels, maybe a real TV for when the kids come to visit (not necessary though) chairs for guests, a dining table of sorts. For now my place will be sort of "Norwegian Wood" I hope my guests won't mind sitting on the floor.

I can make a lot of things too, like the pickle jar I spray painted for a vase. And I can build some furniture like these cool palette things. I have tools. Lots of tools. But I can't sit on those.

Well, soon I'll be off to my new life adventure. Wish me luck and be sure to stop back to see what I'm up to. I have a big surprise for you too. I'm going to start another new career, and I'll need all the support I can get. I'll be giving you  little hints here and there. It will be out of my apartment, it will be creative and it will be very different.


5 comments:

Pili said...

Best of luck on the move! I'm sure will find a way to get cool furniture, you are super resourceful!

I can't wait to hear about the new career!

Ally said...

Lots of changes coming. Good luck!

Orion Designs said...

You sound very energized. This is such a good thing! I'm staying tuned to hear the about the next chapter.

ShadowDogDesigns said...

BEST of luck to you! How exciting!

Unknown said...

" I have tools. Lots of tools. But I can't sit on those."

That has to be my favorite quote ever. Today, anyway. :)

Best of luck with your move.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...